We produce graduates who improve the lives of clients, serve in our communities and teach the next generation of practitioners. Our master of occupational therapy degree is accredited by the 认可委员会职业治疗教育.
There are more than 4,000 alumni from the TWU 治疗职业学校 in Texas and around the world. Our alumni make significant contributions to the occupational therapy profession by providing leadership in practice, education and research. We are active in our communities and contribute in innovative ways, like training zookeepers and museum personnel on sensory friendly experiences, helping caregivers understand living with dementia, and empowering homeless individuals to have a voice.
Do you want to facilitate positive changes in the lives of clients, their families and caregivers? Would you like to serve in your community and advocate for client access to occupational therapy? Join us as we advance knowledge within the field and help people lead fulfilling lives.
We offer three graduate occupational therapy programs at TWU. The entry-level graduate degree is face-to-face, and the post-professional doctorates are online and hybrid programs with periodic seminars on campus. The MOT degree program is accredited by the 认可委员会职业治疗教育.
- 职业治疗方案的主 (As of Summer 2019, MOT is no longer an option at TWU; however, please check our requirements for our Entry-level Doctor of 职业治疗.)
- 治疗职业的入门级医生 （入读该专业）
- 职业治疗方案的临床博士学位 （后专业OTD）
- 哲学博士的职业治疗方案 （博士）
上午8点 - 下午4点
治疗职业学校举办的几个 签名活动 每年。
"At TWU, I was able to learn my entry-level clinical skill set through my degree tracks, which was hugely important. But what may have been even more impactful were the opportunities to learn work-life balance, social personal interactions, public speaking and the leadership skills I gained through my college years.”
Graduates of the program will be eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist, administered by the National Board for Certification in 职业治疗 (NBCOT). After successful completion of this exam, the graduate will be an occupational therapist, registered (OTR). In addition, most states require licensure to practice; however, state licenses are usually based on the results of the nbcot certification examination. A felony conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the nbcot certification examination or attain state licensure.
The location may differ from 丹顿 to 达拉斯 to 休斯顿, but the academic excellence of our programs remains the same. There are three front doors to an education from TWU’s 治疗职业学校 and a robust online presence for students across the United States.
The TWU MOT Program is accredited by the 认可委员会职业治疗教育 (ACOTE) of the 美国职业治疗学会 (AOTA).
Our faculty pioneer adaptation research with global impact, create inclusive communities for persons with disabilities and create solutions to help people adapt in place and participate in life.
他们始终让客户’ lives more comfortable, encourage accessibility within their communities and teach students how to engage with their clients in mindful ways that promote physical, mental and social well-being. They are committed, passionate professionals and fierce advocates of the profession.
Our faculty are recognized as leaders in occupational therapy education and research, presenting their findings around the world. They’ve spent countless hours as practicing professionals and countless more educating others to do the same.
Our faculty’s accomplishments extend far beyond the classroom. They regularly contribute scholarly works to advance the field of occupational therapy. Here are some of the latest examples:
- 坐，W。 ＆amp; 威，米. (2019). Handbook of 职业治疗 for Adults with Physical Disabilities, 1st edition, SLACK, Inc.
- dimitropoulou，K。 ＆amp; 巴克斯特，米。 F。 (2018). Neural basis of adaptation: Motivation, intention, resilience & goal-directed behaviors. In Grejo & Boiselle (Eds.) Occupation and Adaptation. SLACK, Inc.
- braveman，B。， 鲍耶，第 & Fogerty, E. (2018). Older workers and retirement. In Functional Performance in Older Adults. F.A. Davis.
- 皮肯斯，N。 d。 & Burns, S. P. (2018). Home modifications. In B. B. Schell & J. Schell (Eds.) Clinical and Professional Reasoning in 职业治疗, 2nd edition. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- *Chow, J. K., *McKay, M. H。 ＆amp; 皮肯斯，N。 d。 (2019) End of life issues. In R. J. Gatchel, & C. Ray (Eds.) Handbook of Rehabilitation in Older Adults.
- 皮肯斯，N。 d。，evetts，C。湖 & Seaman, D. (2019). Physical and virtual environments. In B. A. B. Schell & G. Gillen (Eds.) Willard & Spackman's 职业治疗, 13th edition, Wolters Kluwer.
- barnekow，K。页。 ＆amp; 皮肯斯，N。 d。 (2018). Introduction to occupation and co-occupation. In Brown, C。 ＆amp; Stoffel, G. (Eds.) 职业治疗 in Mental Health: A Vision for the Future, 2nd edition.